Saturday, September 28, 2019

Simply Saturday

I read for a while after I woke up this morning. I finally headed downstairs and got busy on the marinated veggie salad.  That took a lot of slicing and dicing.  It is chilling and melding flavors in the fridge and will be ready to eat tomorrow.  I ended up making a recipe of macaroni and cheese because I needed to use up some milk or throw it out...went the mac and cheese route.  That cooking took I the morning.

Woody made his usual public library trip and included a couple of errands while he was out...a stop at the grocery store for some celery and zucchini and a stop at the pharmacy to pick up one of his prescriptions.  The rest of the day he has filled with crossword puzzles, reading, college football, and more reading.

After my first cooking spree, I rested and read some more.  I even managed to fit in a nap.  After I woke up, I headed back to the kitchen to figure out what Woody would eat for supper!  He decided that he wanted zucchini, yellow squash, and sliced onions that I flavor with olive oil and Italian herbs.  This is a dish that I cook in the microwave...I guess I am steaming when I cook them the way that I do.  I originally made this concoction with a can of tomatoes or tomato sauce added in, but tomatoes are on Woody's list of foods he isn't supposed to eat.  It's still good this way.

I got the kitchen all cleaned up for a second time today and got the dishwasher running.  I decided that it was time to dust mop the new floors in the kitchen and bathrooms and then give them a quick mopping.  That job is done and I am ready to once again sit.  I think that I will sit at my sewing machine and machine embroider another design to use for a Christmas ornament.  I did finally get underway with my Christmas sewing last night...so the machine is once again cranking out creations of one sort or another.  I pick the design that I want, put fabric in a hoop that attaches to the machine, thread machine with the first thread color, push a button and watch it sew out...and change colors of thread when the machine stops and beeps at me!  Easy...right!?  Hardest part is substituting colors called for with colors of thread that I have on hand!  All I can say is that I had better put the pedal to the metal and get these cranking out as Christmas is fast approaching.  I can't believe how close it is to October!

No comments:

Post a Comment