Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday


,

Our clock arrived yesterday while we were in Nashville for Woody's doctor appointment.  I'm still debating about what they did to the positioning of the picture.  They pulled the barn into the center and took out most of the foreground and thus put a bunch of the numbers in the shadow.  When I submitted it I was concerned that the 4 would be hard to see and now many more numbers joined the 4!  I'm trying to decide if I will be a squeaky wheel and complain.  The way I submitted it was the way I wanted it.  I have a way to communicate with one of the people in the company as I had asked a question of them and had emailed back and forth a couple of times with her.  So know that I can actually email a person with the problem.  It just seems like we have had to do too much communicating with companies to get replacements.  I wanted this last purchase to go smoothly!  Oh, well...

I am pleased with the quality of the clock.  The photo is actually printed onto the wood of the clock face.  And it is a silent clock...nice, as our last one was not!  I'm waiting on Nathan to help me hang the clock.  I will put it up and see if it continues to bug me about the numbers and positioning of the barn!

Today was grocery shopping day for Woody...seems like that day comes around all too often!  I got the groceries brought in and put away.  I guess I will call this day a "cooking prep day."  I didn't do much cooking.  I mainly got some first steps done to be able to cook some things...another day!  I just wasn't in the mood to actually complete a recipe!  I did roast some fresh red peppers...getting them ready to use in cooking and in making red pepper sauce.  The red pepper sauce has become Woody's catsup...a condiment that is okay for him to use on sandwiches, etc.  I washed and spun dried red leaf lettuce...ready for Woody's salads...and, he did have a salad this evening.  I also hard boiled some eggs for his salads.  I was gong to get some green beans cooked to put in a marinated salad...but realized that I had forgotten to put green beans on the grocery list.  Oops!  Woody got the green beans when he was out running errands with his friend.  So I still have those to cook...tomorrow!  I just started the dishwasher and will go down and wash by hand the few things that didn't fit or don't go in the dishwasher after I publish the blog. And, then the kitchen will be closed for tonight!

We both got up too early this morning.  I know that has made for a lazy afternoon for me.  I did finish one book that I had been reading for too long.  It was one of those books that I wished that I hadn't started, but once I started I was determined to finish it.  It was a Pulitzer Prize winner, but I really didn't care for it.  There is a movie coming out based on the book, and after reading the book I have no interest in seeing said movie.  The book was The Goldfinch.  It got a thumbs down from me!  I checked out a light read from the public library e-book site after I finished The Goldfinch.  And, I am enjoying a book once again!  I have been trying to branch out with my book choices, but this last one came off a wrong branch...at least for my reading taste! 

I think since I napped some this afternoon, that maybe I will have enough energy to go make a Christmas ornament.  I keep saying that I must get started on them and just haven't yet.  I did get the patches sewn on Graham's Civil Air Patrol camoflauge shirt. He will be happy with his Grammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment