Monday, September 23, 2019

Peeping in on You!

Just checking in to make sure all of our blog readers are doing okay!  This is Esther's main accomplishment of her long time over here today.  She learned how to draw an eye that looks quite real!  I'm impressed with her first try.  She watched a video and followed right along...pausing when the gentleman got ahead of her too much!  She didn't quite have it finished when her time was up so she came back after she got all her school work done and finished it.

We have just come back from Elijah's game.  His team won tonight.  Elijah got hits both of his times at bat and scored each of the times that he was on base.  He played first base tonight.  Good game, Elijah!

Woody headed out shortly after lunch to take his friend to another doctor appointment.  This time it was McMinnville and as Woody said, that is a much easier trip due to so much less traffic.  Less traffic or not he was gone four hours!

While he was gone, I made a cake from a new recipe that I found and hoped would work with one adaptation to make it "Woody diet friendly!"  I substituted baking soda and cream of tartar for the baking powder and it worked fine!  It is a 12 Yolk Pound Cake.  I wanted to try it to see if I could use up egg yolks from making an Angel Food Cake.  It is a good cake...just perfect to put spoonfuls of strawberries and their juice over.  Woody bought strawberries the other day so he needed another cake to eat them over.  And, it came out of the bundt pan perfectly.  Here's a picture of it cooling in the pan before it was time to turn it out.  It is a pretty yellow color.  This bundt pan is an antique, I guess, as Woody bought it for me our first Christmas...if I'm remembering correctly...if not our first,  then our second!  Now that the game is over, I think that I will go cut myself a sliver of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment