Friday, February 3, 2023

Interesting Friday

We had a good start to the day. I got up made us both breakfast and then I got to work on getting things set up before Davida got here. On one of the last steps before time to connect Woody, I forgot to push the "stop" button before I primed one of the lines. I realized that air was going back into the tubing...oops! Well, Davida was almost here, so I stopped and waited. We did have to back up some and reprime, but guess the main results of this were that we ended a little later. By double teaming...Davida got thr machine back up and running and I did the preparations to stick and then stick Woody. That went a little better...once again, not easy...but managed to get it done. We had a few glitches during the treatment, but handible...by me! Davida left a little after we got him going. I did have the communication between iPad and machine stop and did call Davida about that and got that back going...another first to happen during dialysis for me. Right after I got that solved, Davida called me and said that she was going to complicate matters more...she had talked to Dr. O and he wanted me to give Woody some extra saline solution due to several incidences this week of his blood pressure going too low when he was changing from reclining to sitting. That seemed to help as Woody's blood pressure stayed in a good range for the rest of the treatment and he hasn't had any problems this afternoon and evening after dialysis. We had a busy afternoon, too. I rested for a while after dialysis wasa over and then we prepared to go to our local hospital for him to have some labs done for his Vanderbilt infectious disease doctor. We managed that in record time...found that middle of afternoon on a Friday is a good time to go there for labs! We were in and out in record time. I think that the travel time to and from (20 minutes) was all it took from walking in the door, signing in, sitting in waiting room, and being called back and having labs drawn! In and out swiftly! We plan to go around the same time for the next two Fridays before we see Dr. Allos on the 22nd. On the way home stopped at our pharmacy and picked up two prescriptions for him and some other supplies we needed. Then it was home. He took one med when he got home that said to take two hours before or two hours after he eats...so he chose the before and I'm going down now to give him supper. To be continuedM Be safe! Be wel! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment