Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Date Night!

Unbeknownst to Woody, I talked to Nathan last night to figure out a way that Woody and I could go to Elijah's game that was in Winchester tonight. And, a plan came together. So when I picked Woody up from dialysis today, I asked him how he felt after dialysis and if he would like to go on a date and that if he wanted to that I had even arranged for a chauffeur. He did ask where we were going and when I said Elijah's ballgame, he was very ready to go. We didn't have much time to get ready. Woody needed to eat before we went and I had to pull together jackets, a throw, etc. Joy was our chauffeur...first time that we had ridden with her since she got her license. She did a very good job driving us to and from the game. The outcome wasn't as we would have wished...but fun to be back at a ballpark! Elijah played 2nd base and pitched a short time tonight. It had been a delightful day today...pretty warm...in the 70s, ut once the sun went down the chill set in and Woody was rather cold, even though he had two sweatshirts, a lightweight jacket, and a fleece throw. He headed straight to his couch/bed when we got home. He's all snuggled under several fleece throws hoping to feel warmer and get a good night's sleep. I worked, again, today on getting Christmas put away. I just have a few items left on the dining room table that have to find a place in a box and then have thr shadow box in thr family still to do and then it will just be the tree left. I'm pleased with my progress. Woody's dialysis went well today...so another one under his belt. Tomorrow no appointments for Woody...unless home health pops in on us. I get my hair cut tomorrow afternoon...so I am the only one with an appointment on the calendar for tomorrow. I think that Woody was glad when I told him that he doesn't have to go any where tomorrow. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment