Saturday, February 11, 2023

Why?

I'm wondering "why" a day off goes by so much quicker than a dialysis day! I guess that the saying, "Time flies when you're having fun," perhaps is proved by days like today. It seems like just moments ago that it was 7am and now it's 7pm. The day is drawing to a close...already. Melany paid us a visit this morning. We had a really nice visit. She brought the needlepoint Christmas stocking she is working on and I found her several better/larger needles to use and also a needle threader. She is all booted up as in a boot for a broken foot. Her doctor confirmed a week or so ago that it is broken so she is wearing a boot for a while. She checked out the garage door that they gave us for Christmas 2021 that just got installed January of 2023. She brought us two kinds of soup for lunch. Woody did eat a small amount of one kind for lunch and is trying a small amount of the other for supper. Since Melany left, we have just been lazying around. I have taken several naps. I don't know if Woody napped, but he has lounged on the couch for much of the late afternoon and evening. He did manage to go through all his PT exercises while Melany was here. He needs to do them one more time today. I don't know if he has any energy left to do them. I'll ask when i go back downstairs. I still have a load in the washer to transfer to the drier when I go back downstairs. Other than that and putting a few things away in the kitchen, I think that "work" is done for today. Hopefully my needle won't be too heavy for me to pick up this evening! I woke up in the middle of the night and did a little stitching to put me back to sleep. When that didn't work, I read myself back to sleep. It was nice not to have to wake up to an alarm this morning. Nathan and Esther stopped by this afternoon. He did a "sonny-do" job and then put the car in the garage for us. It may snow some during the night so we won't get up to having to scrape snow and/or ice off the windshield in the morning. I'm assuming that there won't be enough to thwart our going to Sunday School...unless there is so much that church woukd be called off...but that amount is not expected, I don't think. At the moment we have light rain and the temp is still well above freezing. We will wait and see what the night has in store for us. Yesterday Davida, our Fresenius kidney nurse and we were talking. I mentioned how weak Woody still was and that his recovery seems so slow. She said that he had been in bed for two months and to figure twice as long or more for recovery...so at least four months! Slow and steady! To be continued. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment