Monday, February 6, 2023

Successful Mission

Today's dialysis was a go...thank goodness. Davida, our dialysis nurse, did stop by for the sticking (proper term is cannulation). She also did our "nurse visit" for February so we won't have to go to the center for it. I had a much easier time sticking Woody today and the whole dialysis treatment went very smoothly. Davida plans to come in the morning, again, just for the time that I am doing the sticking. Hopefully I can find the right combination of holding the needle and my tongue just right!!! Woody felt pretty good for the first part of the day, but as the day continued he didn't feel so great. The Occupational Therapist came today for evaluation. She seemed to think that he wasn't going to need much. We'll see. He was feeling pretty rough when she was here...she was probably just glad to get in and out without him getting sick. He got sick just prior to her getting here. We had prayer meeting here at the house tonight. Woody headed to his couch pretty much as soon as it was over. He managed to take his antibiotic and bade me goodnight! We both are pretty tired tonight. I'm glad to be upstairs in my recliner with two heating pads helping various and sundry aches and pains. Today I did give him a liter of saline diring dialysis through the lines that circulate his blood...same as getting saline solution through an IV at the hospital. We (Dr. O, Nurse, Woody, and me) hope that this will help with dehydration being caused by digestive problems, nausea, etc. Seems to be an ongoing story...reason that it remains a "to be continued" story! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment