Wednesday, February 1, 2023

One Ringy Dingy, Two Ringy Dingy…

Today has been quite the day! We started off with dialysis. "Things" went fairly well, but I was really glad that Davida, our dialysis nurse, was here! There were so many add-ons to do today that it made the usual tasks a bit confusing. They were accomplished...but with help! Davida plans to come tomorrow and Friday also. That means that the "only" day this week that we will do dialysis on our own will be Saturday. During dialysis and after, the phones rang a lot. One call had very good timing. Woody's personal care physcian's office called to say that they have a spot for him to come back as one of her patients. I don't know if I mentioned earlier that they had rotated him off their active patients' list. But he is back on, an appointment was made for two weeks from now,and just in time...to be explained in a minute. Both Woody and Davida urged me to call the rehab head nurse and see if they had managed to set up home health...I texted instead as I knew that I get pretty quick responses from her texting. Sure enough...not long and she answered that they would today. (Insert eye roll!) Guess it is good that I did get in touch to get the ball rolling. I have had two calls from the home health agency and a nurse is going to call and come by sometime tomorrow. I got a call from someone else who is supposed to make a telemed call tomorrow afternoon. She is not part of homehealth, but someone at rehab recommended that she check in on Woody via telemed...that Woody could benefit from this visit. Time will tell! I mentoned this to the homehealth person. She was fine with it, just asked me to tell her what agency was taking care of his homehealth. Back to why the timing was right with Woody's primary care physician picking him back up...his pcp is the one who needs to ok/sign orders or whatever to get home health started! I also made a call to TN Oncology to get him back in there to receive Keytruda. What was funny is that he got a spot that he had had before, but it had been cancelled because of his time in hospital and rehab. I told them that they needed to get on our calender before all the slots were filled! I think that we picked up five appointments just today. Plus until the 22nd, when he goes back to see the infectious disease doctor, he has to have weekly blood work at our local hospital...so there's three more slots filled on calender. Then add in dialysis five times a week and how ever many times home health might drop by or anyone else! I think we will soon be meeting ourselves coming and going! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment