Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Sometimes Hard to See a Barn for the Trees

And sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees. At the moment it is hard to see how we can get in all that needs to be done to nurse Woody back to health adding in everyday general tasks. Today we have done a little of both! Woody started out the day after the best night's sleep that he has had in more than two months. He has had a fairly good day, I think. Towards the end of the day, he got overtired and did get sick again...so towels and some clothes are washing! I had just run a load of wash with some new sweat pants that I had bought him today. Several of his pairs of sweats were downstairs in the rehab's laundry and we didn't tarry to try to retrieve them! I got my hair cut late this morning and after that made a quick stop at WalMart for said pants and also some wound dressing supplies. I have done my extra nursing duties and dressed all wounds as best I could just a few minutes ago. I also made a schedule for his pills. He has one antibiotic that he takes every 12 hours and another that he takes every 48 hours. Woody is now all tucked in and probably asleep. I also had dialysis duties to tend to today for tomorrow's return to dialysis routine. I had to get back into the routine of making a dialysate batch every other day. The batch I started this afternoon should almost be finished and will be ready to check for chlorimines in the morning. Davida, our dialysis nurse, is planning to be here by 8am, weather permitting (possible freezing rain overnight). I am to have things up and running so that things are pretty much ready to connect him. Davida and I have been texting today about tomorrow. She first needed his current medications to put in her records. Then she told me that we would be doing labs. I figured we would need to. I had to find out which tubes we would need. I already have the things pretty much set up for labs. We will be doing them both pre and post treatment. Then she told me that we would be doing several other tests that have to be sent off...water, dialysate, and something else that has to be tested and sent off Fed Ex. I sent back a wide-eyed smikey face, but told her that I really wanted to send her the rolling eyes one! I did get a "ha, ha, ha" back from her. I brought the step-by-step manual upstairs during one of my rest times and looked through it to refresh my memory. I plan to get up by 6am to be able to get Woody's breakfast and get all the dialysis tasks done that I need to before she gets her. Looks like we will be back in the saddle with dialysis once again come morning. Here's hoping Woody gets another good night's sleep! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment