Thursday, January 26, 2023

Thursday Doings

Another day just about done! Woody continues to be very hopeful about coming home soon. He says he did everything for PT today and showed them that he can get around since they lifted the edict about non weight bearing. He asked wound care folk what will be done about his wounds since he is going home soon. They told him that home health would be set up for him. What he doesn't seem to understand is that it takes some time to get this all coordinated. He was told that it usually takes from 4-10 days...he told me no way for 10 days...very emphatically! He doesnt understand red tape, I guess! Someone told him that a social worker is the person who will get the ball rolling and he was waiting to see her this afternoon. He was going to call me once he saw her. He hasn't called so don't know if that means he didn't talk to her yet...or that he is just having trouble calling me! I told him that the social worker also has to call me and tell me what and when things are going to happen. I don't know whether they are stalling because he isn't ready or what! I talked recently to one "power that be" and she indicated he isn't ready yet. I don't know if showing them that he can get around is enough or not! So...time will tell...but Woody is ready, at least in his head, we'll just have to wait and see. I hope his patience doesn't wear too thin! The other thing that has to happen is getting back into our local home dialysis program...since he has been out of their system more than 30 days, he has to be entered back in! Our nurse says that isn't difficult, but that they will have to give me a refresher to make sure I remember! Another schedule we have to be worked into! Today, I did grocery shopping at Kroger. I like being able to use their app on my phone to make out my list. When done all items are listed according to aisle. makes it so much easier to shop...keeps me from doubling back the way I used to! Well, today I found they had updated their app and list making was different. Why can't "well enough" be left alone! I finally got it figured out and my list made and headed off to shop. I got everything put away and had a late lunch after that. I then rested in my recliner, planning to stitch, but my eyes had other plans and I took a nap instead. But did stitch once I awakened. I finished the row I was working on last night and moved on to the next. Just two more rows after this one...so closing in on a finish. To Be Continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment