Saturday, January 14, 2023

Saturday Doings

Last night while Isaac and Joseph were here I managed to interpret Woody's handwritten Christmas/New Year letter and get it typed into my iPad and start editing it and making it fit on one side of a piece of paper. I printed it out today and edited it...did that several times till I was as satisfied as I was going to be! Then I took on the task of printing them and stuffing them into envelopes. Woody had addressed the envelopes and I had to check those as his beautiful writing of yesteryear is no longer as legible as it once was! I had to make sure that addresses were correct and attempted to make them more legible...we'll see now how many get returned, as I DID get them stamped and out to the mailbox this aftefnoon. As a matter of fact, I got to the end of our driveway as the mail carrier drove up and we exchanged letters...I gave her 41 and she gave me two! I called Woody to let him know that the Christmas 2022 letters are on their way to family and friends. He shared that he had called the kitchen number this morning and managed to get what he wanted for breakfast. During the week he can't do that as dialysis happens during breakfast time...but today he took advantage of it being Saturday and ordered what he wanted. So it sounds like he ate a very good breakfast today. I am thinking that he is finally feeling hungry once again. The other day when he missed breakfast, he got into his tin of snacks and finished up what was in there. I am making a list of snack items to take him, when I go to see him next. I am happy to have our Christmas letters off in the mail...one more thing to mark off the Christmas to-do list! I took a nap this afternoon. I'm hoping that I can get back to working on the last of the Christmas ornaments...down to one for Melany's family, three for Nathan's family, and one for a friend...so add those up and there are STILL 5 ornaments to go. I have the next one all ready to cut out and then sew up and stuff. I'm still struggling to decide the best way to finish up the ones for Nathan's family...reason that they are the last...probably! I do still have one for a friend but won't see her till the end of the month. But I want them ALL done. Last night I did do a little stitching at the end of the evening. I stitched just a little on two of the new things that I started recently. I stitched a length of thread on the border of the tiny sampler and stitched the "A." I stitched a length of thread on the Christmas piece. So I didn't do a lot, but made a small amount of progress on both of those. Well, I guess I will go see if I can finish Erin's ornament tonight. It's funny...I have left all our grandaughter's ornaments till last this year...though, they were some of the first that I finished cross stitching at the first of last year. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment