Saturday, January 7, 2023

Saturday Doings

I headed Murfreesboro way about 8am...in a light rain. It rained most of the way to Melany and Wade's...never super hard. It stopped for a few minutes in Manchester and I got on the Interstate when it wasn't raining...but not long after I got on it began raining again. It had pretty much stopped by the time I got to Melany's and really didn't rain on us much during the drive in their vehicle to Nashville. Wade and Erin also came along. We visited for a while with Woody, then the four of us went to lunch at the above pictured restauant. It was a VERY nice lunch...served family style...lots of good eats. One of the desserts was creme brulee. This happened to be one of Woody's "dreams" during his "drugged condition" after surgery...he saw an open door and there was a woman chef and she told him that she was making creme brulee. For quite a few days he wanted to know where his creme brulee was! The Maggiano kitchen fixed him a creme brulee to go and sent him well wishes from the Maggiano staff. He gobbled that rught down when we gave it to him! We also took him some lasagna and a three cheese ravioli. He did nibble on them a bit...but put it aside for a little later...and...now he can't find it. I don't know if it is just out of his sight or it it got moved too far away for him to reach it. His lack of mobility has him at a major disadvantage! I took him a new reacher...but he wasn't sure where that was either...I can only tell him where things were when we left him...but don't know where they have gotten to since. He just told me that his nurse told him that they are very short handed today and that he having to deal wjth many more patients than usual. I felt that Woody's color wasn't as good as it was the last time we saw him...but maybe that is because he didn't have dialysis today. Melany agreed that he was very pale today. It was a nice visit. Woody just called to make sure that I got home safely. I got home just before dark...it was my goal to not have to drive in the dark. I'm glad I'm home. I plan on going to Sunday School and church tomorrow. I haven't been to Sunday School in a month and haven't been to an in-person church service at our church since before the Covid lock down. Woody and I have attended our church virtually during those 2 3/4 years. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment