Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The "Ban" Is Lifted!

We had a successful telemed appointment with Dr. Holt and she agreed to fax orders to the rehab that his right leg is to "weight bearing as tolerated." Woody thinks that this now means he will be home soon...but the healing of his wounds has to be taken into account, also. So we will see if this starts to speed up his homecoming. He is very ready! Nathan and I had a pleasant journey to the rehab and back...the traffic on the way home was typical of rush hour, but we made it... We pulled into my driveway about 6pm and Nathan clicked the button on the garage door opener and he put the car into the garage for the first since we got the new door. There are supposed to be high winds tonight, so Woody asked Nathan to put it in the garage. So the car is all tucked in! I came in and got busy making a pot of soup...a new recipe, Cheeseburger Soup. I would call it sort of a glorified potato soup that has some ground ef in it. It's pretty good. I'm enjoying a bowl of it while typing this. Woody continues to seem stronger each time we see him. He had occupational therapy while we were there. He did exercises to strengthen his arms and upper body...anyway, I think that is what they were for! But he did them and seemed to do them well with his right arm and did them as much as his left arm allowed. I look forward to his report about PT tomorrow since the ban has been lifted and he can bear weight on his right leg! I'm wondering if he is going to be weaker than he expects to be! I'll report tomorrow night on what he reports to me. To Be Continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment