Saturday, January 21, 2023

Zoom!

Well, I zoomed today with some alum from Cottey College. We discussed A Woman Is No Man by Etaf Rum. A story that was part autobiographical about being a Pakastani woman in both Pakestan and than imigrated to the US. Definitely eyeopening...part sad...part depressing...part horrifying that women are looked upon and treated the way they were/are. Some at the discussion were very deep thinkers and shared some very philosophical ideas...mostly the younger alims who are still out there in the workforce. I mainly sat and listened and only piped in once in a while and mainly with short statements! But it was a very enjoyable way to spend some time on a Saturday morning. Oh, and, I did get the book read before time for the meeting and even had my Sunday School lesson planned and did a little sewing prior to the meeting. They plan these bookclub meetings once a month. I called Woody after the Cottey book club meeting. He said that his day hadn't been the greatest, but not really bad either! We only talked a little before his lunch tray came. I figure that he would watch some game or another after lunch. He said that he was waiting to see what came on to watch. I finished my sewing project and then went downstairs to make muffins, a surprise for Sunday School in the morning...at least a surprise for those who don't read tonight's blog before class tomorrow! Our lesson is on "I Am The Bread of Life"...thought we needed some bread! They are cooled now and wrapped up to take in the morning. I still have a little cleanup in the kitchen to do, but needed to rest some first, as my back has really been bothering me. Just sitting quietly in my recliner with a heating pad sent me off to dreamland so I got a pretty good nap. To Be Continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment