Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Another Busy Day

I had several errands to do this morning. One accomplishment was finding Woody a new "picker upper"...one of those reacher grabbers. His broke just before entering the hospital. Vanderbikt OT said they were going to bring him one, but never did. Alex suggested Lowes when we were visiting Woody on Monday. I checked there and did find one so it is on the dining room table along with other things we will take him, when we visit him on Saturday. I made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby...tons of people there! I stood in line longer to check out than it took me in the store. i needed some embroidery floss for my next planned stitch...once I get all that I have stitched finished into ornaments! I also needed some black interfacing. That was it...less than $5...I left most of the bargains for the masses! I came home and got the two packages ready to send in the mail. I was going out for a late lunch so stopped on the way and mailed them...heading Alabama and Arizona way. I had lunch with Carolyn and Jo at a fairly new Italian restaurant here in town. We enjoyed good food, but most of all enjoyed time together. A bunch of our friends were eating there, too...old home week! I came home and got to work and finished the stitching on the last ornament for our family...still one more unfinished ornament for a friend. I have done the first step to finish another of my stitches into an ornament. Still quite a few stitches to fully finish...but in the downhill side! I do still have to machine embroider one ornament. Never ending?!? Nathan came by to take my car to have its tires checked...and I have now ordered four new ones...always something! Woody called earlier and seemed to be working hard to be able to move again! He said he moved from chair to bed with help...but maybe not so much as before. I missed one call today. It was from Dr. Holt, his orthopedist. She was just checking in to see if we needed anything before his appointment towards the end of the month. She is his only current doctor who has treated him since the very beginning of his melanoma adventure at Vanderbilt. She is just a super doctor and so thoughtful. I may message her through the Vanderbilt portal to see if she thinks she needs to see him sooner. We moved the appointment off a bit yesterday, as I couldn't see how he could make it into her office, but today she said it would be a tele med appointment. She has been treating him for 15 years and has done three major surgeries for him...a medical friend, indeed! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment