Monday, January 16, 2023

MLK Day 2023

As we entered the interstate today, there was a large fire truck flying a large US flag out over the road...using it's ladders. Then as we traveled down the interstate there were several fire trucks or other emergency vehicles across the overpasses. I believe that they were trucks from various cities in the surrounding area...might have been Coffee County emergency vehicles...once we passed the four or five overpasses there was no more signs of this activity in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Nathan came over to the house around 8am and took our car to get shod with four new tires. When that task was completed, he came back to get me and Christmas gifts for Melany, Wade, Erin, Alex and Brooke. I finally convinced Woody that we needed to give their gifts and he agreed. We'll see how long he makes Nathan and family hold out for their gifts! We dropped off the gifts on our way to Nashville to see Woody. Woody was doing pretty good today. Not long after we got there, PT came to get Woody for therapy. Woody asked if Nathan could go with them and they said he could. I stayed behind in the room trying to "organize things!" I folded and hung up his clothes that had been washed for him and straightened out the things on his table and little night stand. We brought him some new snacks, for which he was very thankful. I definitely think that he is starting to feel hungry for the first time in a long while. He ate a pretty good lunch while we were there. We stayed for a while after he got back from therapy and then we headed on back to Tullahoma. I got back a while ago from prayer meeting and now I'm settling in for the night. It has been a busy and pretty full day. I'm ready to settle into my recliner and either read or stitch. I did get all the ornaments finished last night...so now I can stitch what I want without feeling guilty that I should be working on ornament finishing! I am gradually cleaning up the mess. I put quite a few things away last night and this morning before I left and worked a little more before it was time to go to prayer meeting. Gradually the mess is disappearing! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment