Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Lazy Day for Me!

I just haven't felt like doing much today...often the way I feel after going to and from Nashville. So today I haven't pushed myself to do much other than usual daily chores. I have dozed off and on and done some stitching. I haven't worked on the sampler pictured above for some time...it got put aside for Christmas ornaments. So today I decided to get it out and work on it. I am working on the row where the needle and thread are parked. Those stitches are called Queen Stitches. Each one of those tiny brown diamonds takes four long stitches and four short stitches. It is not a quick moving area to stitch! I worked some more on that row after I took the photo and I am now to the middle of the "U." I'm not quite half way across the row. I would like to finish that row tonight, but not sure I can stay awake long enough! It took me a while to get back into the rhythm of the Queen Stitch...but finally my stitch memory took over and I am moving a little faster. Woody was disappointed with PT today. They could not find any change of orders. I reminded him that I hadnkeft a number to the doctor's office if that happened...but he had forgotten about the number being pinned to the wall! Hopefully tomorrow! He is detrrmined that he is going to be released in the next few days, but I'm pretty sure that he isn't ready to leave yet. I told him that he needed to talk to the powers that be to find out what he needs to do to get out! I know he is frustrated and ready tonbe home, but I don't want him to come home too soon and need to go back. Nathan stopped by with treats...homemade goat cheese and some sausage from one of the pigs they raised. I approved of both! The children aren't liking the goat cheese, but do approve of the sausage. Nathan was glad to find someone to share the 40# of cheese that took several days of his labor to make! I hsve the kitchen cleaned up from supper...dishes that needed to be washed by hand are washed and others are in dishwasher so...I'm ready to go back to doing "nothing," as in picking up needle, thread, and linen and putting in a few more stitches before I fall asleep. To Be Continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment