Friday, January 13, 2023

At Last!

The garage door installation happened today...our 2021 Christmas present from Wade and Melany. It is just about one year from the day Melany ordered it. The installer said that it was because of the color...guess they only keep white in stock?!? oh, well...it is here and fit in the space AND opens when a button is pushed. It's a "smart" door BUT you have to do some things to the ooener that is up overhead...and I am going to have to depend on Nathan or Graham for that. I don't think I shoukd be up on that ladder! But remote buttons work so we can open it...we'll work on the smart way another time! We're all locked in from garage entrance into the house and it should keep the family room/Woody's room much warmer to have the door down! It may be smart, but still not smart enough to help me park the car in the garage! The car can supposedly parallel park... ut they didn't teach it to make the sharp turn to get it lined up to park in the garage! I will rely on others to do that for me. I can back it out of the garage! The garage door installation took most of the morning and a part of the afternoon...8:30am till a little after 1:00pm. I managed to make a pot of ham and potato soup during that time period and get a load of dishes washing. Woody was pleased to hear that the garage door was installed and that it opens and closes. Melany figured that it was already warmer in Woody's room, the family room. At the moment I have visitors. Both Nathan and Kathy were going to be away for a little while this evening and the two oldest were out of pocket and the next three down the line were going to a youth retreat this weekend so that left the two youngest, Isaac and Joseph without supervision for a few hours this evening...so I have company until Nathan comes to get them. I am going to try to insert a photo, but iPad isn't being cooperative here in the middle of the blog post. Will try again:
It allowed me to take a photo but not use one I had already taken...the first one showed their oretty smiles...this one looks like they are praying! I can explain...they are taking advantage of extra screen time because they are at Grammy's! The boys helped me with an undecorating task first...they put away the Fisher Price Nativity...sorted all the pieces and got them into their proper boxes. One table emptied of Christmas items! Many to go...and Woody really doesn't want me to undecorate till he is home...To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Oh, Woody said that a PT person worked with him strengthening his right arm and trying to increase the movement outward of his left arm, the one that has a partially frozen shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment