Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Happy Barn!

We found a barn with a heart shadow on it and then when I was looking through the pictures that I took that day, I thought that this one looks like it is smiling! I have had a rather productive day. I woke up early and decided to start working on putting away items I used when making ornaments...I probably put away twenty-five spools of thread, if not more...folded up scraps of fabric and put thrm back in their storage boxes according to color...threw away a lot of too-small scraps. But before I put away everything, I decided that I wanted to machine embroider some ornaments for next year. Before 8:30am I had five Christmas items stitched for gifts for next year! And, I just made myself stop and blog before I did more on them. I have them all pressed, interfaced, and cut to size...next step is cut out the back and then attach a hanging cord to three of them. I'll then sew around them and then stuff them, sew up the opening on the bottom and that will be five things ready for next year. I have a special box to store them in till next Christmas giving time! I figured out how many ornaments I made this year...22 of which sixteen were hand stitched. The others were machine embroidered. I think that there will be less hand embroidered ones next year as I want to have time to stitch some other things that I set aside this year to stitch ornaments. I also made ten linen dish towels that I machine embroidered. So lots of sewing and embroidering went on throughout the year. It was funny, I have a file folder with patterns for shapes that I might need for ornaments that I make...I used several of these this year. One of the things that I did this morning was put file that folder back in our file cabinet. But, guess what...just a few minutes ago, I had to get said folder back out for these new ornaments. A situation of as soon as I put something away, I need it again! I had a treat for lunch. I got a call from Ruth and she asked if I would like her to bring me lunch...which I accepted gladly! We had a good lunch and an even better time just talking and sharing! I talked to Woody after Ruth left. He had had a good eating day...very good breakfast...ate everything given to him. Then he did a little snacking on what we took him yesterday and then he said that his lunch came...not sure he was still hungry at that point, but did eat part of it. Like I said yesterday, he seems to feel hungry once again! So hopefully he will start adding some pounds onto his body! I managed to call his rehab to find out if the note I left yesterday about setting up transport to an appointment on Thursday had gotten to the right person. It took two phone calls, but I did find out she had gotten it and it was all set up for him to be picked up, taken to the appointment, and returned to rehab. I am leaving it in their hands now! Well, off to sew up some ornaments and then stuff them. Tomorrow I will continue to clean my sewing area and my cutting table. Tonight, I may do a little stitching on one of my pieces that I started recently. Nathan called a minute ago to let me know that he can take me to Woody's on Tuesday for his telemed appointment with Dr. Holt, his orthopedist...hoping to talk her into lifting the non-weight-bearing edict on his right leg. To be continued. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment