Monday, January 23, 2023

Voice From the Past!

I got home a little while ago from prayer meeting...grabbed a bite to eat and headed up to blog. Today I had a planned phone call to talk with someone from our past...his voice has changed since the last time I had seen him! I talked with our ring bearer from our wedding. It was good to talk with him again! He had just turned six a couple weeks before our wedding. I'm not sure when we saw him last...but he was probably under ten...so hus voice has definitely changed since then. We have talked a couple of times over the years and I sort of keep up with him when he posts on Facebook about family trips, etc. But it was really great to actually sit and talk for a little while this afternoon and catch up with each other. Where have the years gone!?! I also talked with Woody this afternoon. He is getting pretty antsy to get out of rehab. We are hoping that Dr. Holt, his Vandy orthopedist for 15 years, will lift the ban on him putting no weight on his left leg so he can find out if he can maneuver the way he could prior to hospitalization. We will have a telemedicine appointment with her tomorrow afternoon...hoping that it goes well!! Time will tell! Nathan is taking me to Nashville tomorrow afternoon. I have spent the day doing a little of this and a little of that. I do have a clean microwave oven and the dishwasher is ready to run once I get the dishes I just ate supper on in the dishwasher. I am making preparations to shampoo the carpet in Woody's room/the family room. I brought the machine downstairs this afternoon...a major accomplishment! I'm trying to get some jobs done around here that are difficult to do when Woody is here and we are doing dialysis. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment