Saturday, September 4, 2010

Challenges

My first challenge is to get a good hummingbird picture and the second challenge is to not get eaten alive by mosquitoes while taking that picture! Finally I have seen a hummingbird at our feeder. It has been too hot to sit on the front porch and we have just been too busy coming and going for me to watch that feeder too closely. I did notice that the nectar was going down so I figured that hummingbirds had found it. Today the nectar level was really down, so I decided to refill it. When I got up on the step ladder to rehang the feeder, there was a hummingbird hovering and staring at me...about a foot away. So I have spent some time on the front porch waiting for him to return to feed which he does periodically. While I waited, I was good fodder for the mosquitoes! My arms and legs are covered with bites.

Woody's had more get-up-and-go than I have today. He got up early and read. He went to WalMart, the grocery store, the library, and the fruit market. This afternoon he watched a baseball game and made coleslaw and cleaned up the kitchen. He has prepared his Sunday School lesson. In between those efforts he has done some resting. He is now reading. We are going to go on a short walk after I finish blogging. It has been a gorgeous day...Fall is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment