Monday, September 6, 2010

Labors of the Day

Just to let you see that our friend is still keeping an eye out for us and we for him at NIH. I spotted him on our last day at NIH when Woody and I took a walk along the road in front of NIH Building 10.



Woody went to bed a bit later last night and thus slept in a bit later this morning...but still up early in my opinion! He walked to the Post Office and back home for his morning walk. Later he ran an errand for me.



At NIH Woody was told to eat more red meat as his hemoglobin is the only thing that is still in the below normal range. He decided that he wanted meat loaf. When he went to the grocery store he bought a couple of London Broils. London Broil is the cut of beef that is suggested by AZ doctors to use as ground meat...something that we learned some years back while visiting in AZ...AZ being home to so many senior citizens...it has very low fat content. This morning Woody ground it (not an easy task with only one strong arm...but he managed) and I made it into three different kinds of meatloaf. I made two of the kinds into small loaves and will freeze them to pull out for dinners at different times. I also made applesauce. So I have had a busy time in the kitchen today. Woody helped with some of the clean-up.



Right now Woody is at prayer meeting at church. Tomorrow he will be going back to work for the first time since before he started the TIL treatments...I've lost track of time as to just how long ago that was...close to 8-weeks I think!



I am hoping that this will post...there seem to be issues with Blogspot this evening. I'm going to post quickly while the error messages that I have been seeing are gone! (I was right so far it won't post.) FINALLY!

2 comments:

  1. was the applesauce as good as your mothers????
    SIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it isn't as good as Mother's...according to my husband!

    ReplyDelete