Thursday, September 23, 2010

Full Moon in the Morning

Here's the view we saw over Nathan, Kathy, Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, and Elijah's RV this morning. Woody got up really early and went for about a six mile walk. After he returned he came in and saw that I was stirring (right around 6am) and told me put on shoes and grab my camera that he had something to show me that I needed to take a picture of. I changed lenses and he grabbed my tripod and we went out and I managed to get several before it left my view point.

Woody went to work and didn't walk at lunch since he had walked early this morning...besides it was too hot to walk at that time. When Woody got home, Graham was over here completing a bridge with his K'nex. This morning, when Graham came over to read to me, we also had a lesson about bridges (We're learning about types of bridges, their parts, what makes them bear weight, etc. I'm definitely learning, too! Graham has an interest in engineering...beyond me...but I will help him with the basics and then turn him over to his daddy or Goosey to explain further when the time comes!). He decided that he would build a suspension bridge like the Golden Gate Bridge (he had instructions in the K'nex bridge building set). He wanted to know why it was called the Golden Gate Bridge since it was orange. So we looked it up and learned something...it is called that because it spans the Golden Gate Channel or Strait that connects the Pacific Ocean with the San Francisco Bay. Did you know that? One learns lots when one teaches inquisitive minds! His suspension bridge was really neat...pretty long and it wanted to sway in the middle...but as soon as he added the strings (cables) to both sides and tied them tight it was nice and sturdy and didn't sway any more. A fun lesson! Abigail also came over and read this morning. She read about different pets...today a dog and a kitten...next time a duck and a pig. After she read, I read her some of the library books that Goosey (Woody) had checked out of the library for the grandchildren. After lunch, I took Joy and Esther shoe shopping. They ended up with matching shoes...chocolate and pink sneakers! Really cute! I think that Abigail is going to have to have a pair! When Kathy got home with the little girls, Abigail saw them and asked her mom why she didn't get her a pair...after all...her mom knew what size she wore! The girls brought Goosey and me some fresh baked cookies this afternoon along with thank you cards (for the shoes!). Yummy cookies! A pretty fun day! Now I'm heading back to my sewing. Woody is reading and watching TV this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment