Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday all over again

Woody woke up really early again and I heard him so I woke up too. He washed and dried a load of clothes, read, and watched some early morning news before heading off to work. He worked, walked at lunch, worked some more and then came home to rest and relax. He has now gone to church for the Monday night prayer meeting.

Mid morning the phone rang and it was NIH. It was one of their transportation people wanting to get our next trip set up. I told her that we were going to drive this time.

It has really been a pretty day...though the temperature did rise into the lower 90's...but the humidity was lower today and also there was a nice breeze. I sat out on the front porch for a while to see if I could capture the allusive hummingbird or some other bird. It ended up being some other bird...tonight's picture is of a downy woodpecker that was waaaaaaaaaaaay up in one our oak trees and rarely right-side up. It was very pleasant sitting on the porch...all the neighborhood birds were really putting on a concert. This afternoon I made a macaroni, ham, and cheese salad...one of my mother's recipes and again one of Woody's favorites. It is chilling for tomorrow's supper. We had spaghetti tonight using some of the sauce that I had frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment