Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Planting Garlic

Woody and I both got up waaaaaaaaaaay too early this morning. I got busy and actually got some cleaning done before it was time for school to start. The main problem for me with getting up so early is that I start running down waaaaaaaaaaay too early in the day. Woody and I even walked around the block before it was time for the first little school child to come our way. Woody helped me with the cleaning by washing the air return filter and he has helped by doing the dishes that can't go in the dish washer. I can say that I have a fairly clean dining room and a clean kitchen floor. Joy was my first pupil this morning and we worked on her reading. Then Esther came and we worked on learning the sounds the letters make and also on counting. Abigail came over and read to me from two of her readers and then she did some reading work sheets. Oh, and, I made a casserole for our supper and worked for a while in the church library this afternoon. Woody is working through his stack of books...but he continues to add to the stack. He has already finished reading several. Woody asked Graham to come over after lunch and help him plant garlic. Graham helped accomplish that task and also dug a few worms for his turtle. Then Graham sharpened a couple of his pocket knives and then came in for more bridge building lessons. Today he built a vertical lift bridge. Today's K'nex bridge lesson mentioned molecules so we had to take a "side trip" to learn what a molecule is. It has been a busy day. Woody seems to be faring very well with retirement. I'm not so sure about me...I developed a stiff neck as the day progressed. And, I don't know about Woody...but I will admit to being rather tired as this day draws to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment