Friday, September 17, 2010

Gibbous Moon

I learned a new term on our walk tonight. Woody told me that this was a gibbous moon...so I came home and looked it up and he was right (as he usually is!). According to Webster: gibbous means "1)rounded or convex; 2)more than half but less than fully illuminated. Said of the moon or a planet." Woody and I just went for a short walk to see if I could get a good sunset picture as the meteorologist on the weather tonight said that the conditions were right for a good sunset. I did take a few sunset pictures too, but decided that the gibbous moon picture and definition won out for tonight's blog picture.

Woody got up early as usual, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and came home. He rested for a bit after coming home and then went to the grocery store. This evening he has been watching news and working crossword puzzles and relaxing. I have been working on the Sunday School lesson for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment