Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Albuquerque Turkey"




As I said yesterday, it has been a busy day...a "Feast" and "Pie and Poetry." This morning we went to Julianna's preschool and had a feast...we had stew, a biscuit, and apple juice. The stew was made from cans of vegetables that the children brought to school. Cheryl, Julianna, and I came home after the feast. Mother and I made the dressing for tomorrow's Thanksgiving feast. After we got that finished, Cheryl, Julianna and I left for Corbin's school for pie and poetry. Then each of the three first grade classes quoted Thanksgiving poems. Then all three classes sang "Albuquerque Turkey" (sung to the tune of "Clementine"):



Albuquerque is a turkey
And he's feathered and he's fine
And he wobbles and he gobbles
and he's absolutely mine.
He's the best pet that you can get...
Better than a dog or cat.
He's my Albuquerque turkey
And I'm awfully proud of that.
He once told me, very frankly
he preferred to be my pet,
not the main course at my dinner.
And I told him not to fret.
And my Albuquerque turkey
is so happy in his bed,
'Cause for our Thanksgiving dinner
We had egg foo yong instead.

Then after the poetry came the pumpkin pie. Both were very nice school events. I introduced myself to Corbin's principal...I was his parent's flower girl at their wedding many moons ago. Woody didn't go as he still doesn't need to be around a lot of children. Woody drove to the main library and then to a coin store. Cheryl and I also went to the store to pick up a few last minute items that we needed. The turkey is in the oven. Thanksgiving is in the air!

By the way...tonight's blog is my 700th!




1 comment:

  1. Lois you sound like you had a wonderful time with your family!! Congratulations on your 700th blog!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.. Hugs MM

    ReplyDelete