Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall Back!


Tonight's picture shows the sunrise in Virginia yesterday just a little after we got underway on our travels back home (a rest stop showed up just at the opportune time and we stopped so I could get a picture...but it was hard not to get a truck in the picture!)...that's about the brightest that the sun shone all day. The dark, thick bank of clouds above the horizon shows what the day had in store for us!

But, today the sky was blue with just a puffy cloud here and there...a perfect day to go gallivanting with friends. This time I did some serious Christmas shopping...feels good to have a good start on it.

Woody walked to the library, then to the community center and used their exercise bike to spin for 15 minutes and then walked on to the fruit market and then home. He has read, watched a DVD, and watched football. He got our French Market Soup bean mixture simmering for its 1 1/2 hour cooking time and when I got home, I put the rest of the ingredients in and got it simmering for its last 1/2 hour. We had it for supper and it tastes very good...first pot of the season always tastes the best!

I have changed most of the clocks in the house getting ready to "fall back." I think that I have them all set and then I find another one! This is the time change that I like...I feel like I get an extra hour's sleep AND I feel like I move an hour closer to my mother and sister in AZ...AZ doesn't change time. Mother, Cheryl and I like it much better when there is only an hour difference between TN and AZ time.

No comments:

Post a Comment