Monday, November 22, 2010

Invaded by a First Grader!

Look who arrived this morning...he certainly put big smiles on our faces! He is sporting a new haircut under the do-rag. Shortly after the invasion, Cheryl took the children (minus six-shooters and do-rag) to their schools. I got the French Market Soup started. Woody read. After lunch, Woody and I went for a walk and ended up at the downtown library. Woody left me at the library and walked back to the house...oops he forgot the library card! I found a couple of digital camera books and a new book in a series (Do you think that I will find time to read? Haven't so far!). Woody returned several more books that he had finished. I made cornbread to go with our soup. After supper, Cheryl, Mother, and I went to do a little shopping at Target. It was good to be in a store other than Walmart or K-mart (about the only options in Tullahoma).

Tonight is supposed to be the coldest night of the season...down into the upper 30's...rather cool for the Valley of the Sun! More BIG weather news here!

Yesterday when telling about the rain, I should have added an AZ story or two of my childhood. When we were in grammar school, we used to have "rainy day schedules." If it started raining before 11am, we only had to go to school for a half-day. Partly due to the fact that when it rained our streets were known to flood...and also our school in particular took up four city blocks...each class was in a separate building (3 first grade classes = 3 square buildings)...no buildings connected till eighth grade...lots of mud between those buildings! We used to have high hopes for those special rainy days! Oh, one more memory of puddle filled streets. One time I "made" the paper because a reporter saw a patrol boy carry me over a puddle! So little rain...that many memories were made of the few times that it did rain!
















1 comment:

  1. WOW! Have you EVER got a good memory. Those rainy day schedules and patrol boys were in the dark secluded web-infested parts of my memory. I never would have thought of them again. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!!

    ReplyDelete