Thursday, November 11, 2010

Camel Tea Party!

Esther and Elijah (the two "E's) decided to introduce the camels to a tea party. Kathy and I tried to explain that the bale of hay was their food...Esther would have none of that...she wanted them to have a tea party. Elijah liked the idea, too. And, their older siblings weren't around to influence their imaginations so they gave the camels quite a party! A tea party wasn't something that I had imagined would take place on the table with the nativity!

Woody and I both got up early this morning. He read and I got busy on assigning books for memorials and completing the book order...a big book order...most people who love to read and love to buy books envy me this part of my librarian's job! Woody enjoys getting to have some input as to what gets chosen. Another librarian and I went through a Christian fiction catalog and made more choices. At a point I went downstairs and cooked us an omelet with the shitake mushrooms that we got at the Korean grocery store. Then I worked a little longer on the library memorials and finalized the book order. Esther, Joy, and Abigail came over for short lessons. Esther was pretty anxious to head down to the Fisher Price Nativity. I also read to Abigail, Joy and Esther. Esther decided to go back home, but Abigail and Joy stayed. They ended up having a little snack with us this morning...usually it is too close to lunch, but we got started a little earlier this morning...and then didn't work very long.

Woody sat around waiting for the mail before he went on his walk. I had been typing 11/11 for a good part of the morning...so I had realized that it was Veterans Day...but he in his "retired mind" doesn't pay as much attention to the date/day as he once did. We were sitting on the front porch and he mentioned that he was waiting for the mail to come before he headed off on his walk and that it was really late coming today...when he said that I remembered that it was Veterans Day and that there would be no mail. So Woody headed off on his walk. He walked to the Lutheran church to check on the Ginkgo tree...he reported back that it was already losing its leaves. Then he walked to the community center and spun on the exercise bike...he went 8.64 miles in a half an hour...he was doing the extreme hills setting. I got all the memorial letters ready to send out...even learned how to print envelopes on the new printer...had so many letters that I had to borrow envelopes from Nathan and Kathy. Woody folded the letters and put them in the envelopes and also put stamps on them...so that job will be complete after they are dropped off at the Post Office and after I make a stop at church to drop off a couple of things tomorrow. Glad to have that job done for the time being! We had red clam sauce on linguine tonight...mmmm...one of my favorites of the pasta sauces that I make. We watched the news this evening and now Woody is reading and I'm blogging. That about sums up our day! Now to get serious about our trip...only a few more days until we will be heading off! We've been planning menus over the phone...Thanksgiving especially...I have been given an assignment to bring one of our recipes to make!

1 comment:

  1. Esther and Elijah realize those camels are more sophisticated than most people give them credit!

    ReplyDelete