Friday, November 12, 2010

Nativity Tea Party Continues!

I walked past the "Fisher Price Nativity table" today and it gave me such a smile that I had to share the latest in the Nativity tea party. I hadn't looked at it since I took the pictures yesterday...and it expanded while I wasn't looking! Many more animals and characters have been included in the party!

Except for going to the Credit Union, Woody has pretty much stayed in today. He is having allergy problems and isn't feeling the greatest...not what he needs just as we plan to hit the road for a long trip. We have a call in to NIH to find out what is okay for him to take. So far we haven't heard back from them...not the best afternoon to try to get in touch with them...just hours before their weekend starts...especially if our doctor happens to be off this weekend. I have emailed the research nurse and we put in a call to the research doctor...so maybe...

I got up really early again today. I finished the quilting on Joy's quilt. I bought fabric for the binding this morning and hope to get the binding attached by machine so I can finish attaching it to the back by hand while we are on our trip. While running errands this morning, I mailed all the library memorial letters and then stopped at the church to drop off a couple of other things. So memorial work is over...well...not really as we still have to process the books to get them ready to be checked out.

One of Woody's goals was to have Graham's K'nex area cleaned up before we leave. Graham has the far end of our living room to work with his K'nex building projects...the place where our big Christmas tree will stand...so all the K'nex get taken upstairs at Christmas time. Graham had made lots of things that needed to be taken apart, but he's been really busy with school, so he hasn't had time to come over to work on getting them taken apart and stored away (not his favorite part of K'nex, anyway...he prefers the building part!). Kathy said that they would do it while we were away...but Woody really wanted to have it done before we left. So Woody took it upon himself to take all the items apart and then put the pieces away in their proper places in the various and sundry storage boxes that Graham has them organized in. Woody found out how hard these pieces are to take apart...guess you can say that it was therapy for his hands! All the boxes are out of the living room and stored upstairs in our guest room (sorry guests...no room for you! But, we would make room, if you were to come!). One more thing crossed off Woody's "prior to vacation to-do list!" I wonder how many more things he has on that list that I don't know about!

While quilting this morning, I decided that I needed to listen to some music and went to the Christmas closet and found my Christmas CD's. I am enjoying listening to Josh Groban sing Christmas carols! Tis the season! Guess the Christmas Nativity tea party has put me in a Christmas mood!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment