Monday, November 8, 2010

Typical day at Vanderbilt...

Loooooooooooong day! Nathan, Abigail and I pulled back into our neighborhood around 7:30pm. We left this morning at 8:30...so we were gone almost 12 hours. Abigail did very well with her surgery...it was a bit more involved than we had hoped. The doctor actually had to make her a new ear drum out of cartilage from her ear.

Woody stayed and held down the fort here. He walked to the post office this afternoon. On the way home he stopped at the community center and spun for about 20 minutes on an exercise bike. This evening he went to prayer meeting at church. He pulled up to our house just a few minutes after we got home from Vandy. I have come home to find our corner Christmas tree assembled thanks to Graham and Joy. According to Woody that was a prerequisite to going to AZ...so it would be up and ready to be decorated when we get back.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing swift and successful healing for little Abigail. A trip to AZ sounds wonderful -- as long as it is the warm part of AZ and not the cold part of the state!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can avoid cold (in AZ) all together if we go the southern route...but I hope that we will be able to go I-40 which takes us to Flagstaff (cold part)..just hoping that the weather cooperates and there is no snow! We are heading to the Phoenix area so it should be very pleasant. I'm really looking forward to this trip...we're getting little things done to be ready to head out the first of this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois -
    I was excited when I saw you were coming to AZ, but I will be on the east coast for t'giving! I guess by you coming here, and me going there, it will keep the continent in balance! lol I'm flying into Richmond, then sis and I are driving down to the beach at Kitty Hawk for T'giving week with family. Sorry I will miss your visit, but know you will have a great time with family.

    Cactus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, sorry that I will miss you...but so glad that you are going to be with your family for Thanksgiving! Yes, we will keep the continent balanced!

    ReplyDelete