Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mild Saturday

We are still experiencing very mild weather for this time in November. I checked today on cities that we will be passing through as we head west and all were cooler than we. I think that the cooler air is approaching us...but today was beautiful and mild. The oak trees are showing their splendor at this time...when the sun shines through them...WOW!

Woody went to the library and to the grocery store today, but other than that he has stayed in (keeping away from the leaves as much as possible) trying to get over his allergies. We are pretty sure that it started due to his walk two days ago...on his walk he smelled leaves burning and we're guessing that is what got this started. We did hear from his NIH doctor. She emailed us that antihistamines are okay to take...so he took Benadryl before he went to bed and then again in the night. Then today he started taking a non-drowsy 24-hour antihistamine. He isn't doing much talking.

I picked up some prescriptions at our pharmacy and then headed to WalMart to pick up a couple of things. This afternoon I have been working on cutting and sewing binding strips to go around Joy's quilt. As soon as I blog, I plan to sew the binding on...then I will sew the binding down to the back of the quilt on our trip...and I will have a Christmas present finished when we get back (I hope)! We are gathering things together that we will take on the trip. I'm still having trouble realizing that we are really taking this trip! But if I look in the refrigerator, I am reminded. We have done a very good job of emptying it. I guess I will be packing tomorrow after we go to Sunday School. Clothes are clean and ready to pack...that is once we choose what we want to take...at least they are clean!!!

Tonight a joint high school reunion for Glendale (AZ) High School for the years of 1965, 1966, 1967 is being held. To tell my age...I graduated in 1966. Where did the years go? Before I blogged tonight I "talked" on Facebook to one of my classmates who also lives too far away to go. So we had a mini reunion on Facebook! One of my classmates has posted some pictures that she has taken. Another classmate made the comment that it "looked like they had brought their parents to the reunion!" I thought that was funny. I will say that it is hard to recognize many of us...and many of us knew each other from first grade (or earlier)on. Time does change one! Another of my classmates posted on Facebook that she was heading to our reunion and her comment was: "Let the wrinkle counting begin!" Feeling sort of old tonight...imagine...I graduated from high school 44 years ago!!!! Oh, my!

No comments:

Post a Comment