Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dreary Wednesday!

School "happened" as "usual" this morning. Elijah came over first. He is really working hard these days and is doing great. Esther came over next and she read two Dick and Jane stories. Then I started reading her Robert Louis Stevenson's "A Child's Garden of Verses." My grandparents gave me this book when I was two. Esther loves to be read to and she loves poems. Joy came over and she did her science lesson. She is learning about habitats. Today she learned about rain forests and jungles. We learned that sloths are such slow animals that they rarely ever leave one tree in their entire lifetime...also that they are so slow that moss grows on them! The "moss fact" was one that I had never heard before. We looked for pictures of sloths on my iPad and the first picture that we saw the sloth had moss growing on it! Graham came over for his sewing lesson. He got all the pieces marked and the first pocket is pinned onto the apron...ready to be sewn on. After Graham left, I grabbed a quick bite of lunch and then headed out the door to work in the library. Just before I headed off to the library, Woody headed out for his walk. He walked to and from the library today. I worked alone in the library today and mainly did maintenance...checked in books, checked out books, shelved books, straightened some shelves, etc. and then headed home. It has been quite a dreary day...damp and chilly...never got out of the 40's.

No comments:

Post a Comment