Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Taurus has Landed!

We pulled into our Fairfax, VA hotel parking lot at 3pm central time. We left home at 4:45am central time. We have driven 625 miles today. It has been overcast all day long...good for early morning driving...avoid driving into the rising sun! We saw snow on the ground in eastern TN and southern VA. It drizzled on us a couple of times...but never a hard rain. I journaled our trip on a new notepad app that I downloaded the other day...you can take photos with the iPad and add them directly to your notes. I tried to document different legs of our trip with a photo and a word or two. Something new to do to occupy my time on the road. I slept some. Woody made it once again with no caffeine. Traffic wasn't too bad today...guess it isn't family vacation time in February! We stopped at a place to eat that we discovered several trips ago. It is called Salad Creations. Woody had a Cranberry Pecan Salad and I had a half cup of Maryland Crab soup and a half chicken Italiano panini sandwich. Yummy! We are now settled into our hotel room with our books and the TV. Woody is already reading. That's my plan after I blog. I have several e-books that I checked out from our public library. One is due in a couple of days and I'm only about halfway through so will work on that one. I still prefer a real book. I did bring one of those, too! We'll be up and out of here early in the morning hoping to miss the DC morning rush hour traffic...at least start early enough to get to NIH in time to have Woody's lab work done prior to his scans and MRI. No photos till we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment