Friday, February 15, 2013

Too Many Girls!

Graham joined us this afternoon due to a sleepover at his house. Abigail invited one of her friends to spend the night and I mentioned the other day that Graham would be welcome to come over here to "escape!" (I think that it will be better all around...he won't be bugging them and they won't be bugging him!) So mid-afternoon he arrived with his backpack with all sorts of plans for things to do as an only child!!! He planned to do a lot of sewing...but...he decided after getting one pocket sewed onto his apron, that he would take a break from sewing and do something else. He and Goosey carried in all his K'nex from the garage, where the K'nex had been residing in storage tubs since I decorated for Christmas. He vacuumed the area before bringing them in and then they were carried to "their" part of the living room. So far he hasn't organized them. Woody left for his walk around 4pm. Around 5pm our doorbell rang and it was "pizza delivery" from next door! They were having homemade pizza for the sleepover supper and nicely shared some with Graham...they also brought cupcakes over for all three of us...nice dessert...plus we added an ice cream treat that Woody got at the store today! After supper, Woody asked Graham to help him figure out the rules for Junior Scrabble. This game had been sitting in the closet since Christmas 2011 (part of that years' pickle present) and hadn't been played yet. Woody was reminded of the game when he did grocery shopping with Elijah and Esther. He mentioned while we were putting the groceries away that he thought that Esther would be a good Scrabble player. Woody asked me where it was at that time and tonight he sent Graham into the closet where the games are stored to get it out. They are trying out both sides of the game board. I managed to get bathrooms cleaned today and put away a lot of "stuff" in the sewing room and then when I got the vacuum out for Graham to vacuum the K'nex area, I decided that I would vacuum the rest of the downstairs. That about sums up our day so far...I wonder what else Graham will want to do before his head hits the pillow tonight! I know that he wants to read out loud to me the chapter book that started reading to me last night when we were over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment