Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Broccoli" Cake and Ice Cream!

So you are seeing the cake that I was asked to create...a broccoli cake!!!! Now...who would want a broccoli cake? Well, Graham Dorrell, of course! He loves broccoli. I think that he would have been okay with it if I had made the cake with broccoli, but I knew that there were others in the family who would object...so just tried my best to make the cake look like a stalk of broccoli! And, Graham seemed to be okay with the outcome of my efforts. Graham and Esther were takers for eating the real broccoli on the corners of the cake plate. Goosey (Woody) and I headed next door after they finished with their lunch for party festivities to begin! Graham first opened up his presents and I think that he would have been okay with not having cake and ice cream once he opened up a Lego set...he was then most interested in building. His sisters treated us to a cheerleading show after presents and then we headed out for cake and ice cream. Graham even managed to blow out all 11 candles with just one breath. The last picture shows the first candle going out. It looks like he wished and blew at the same time! Esther and Elijah came over a little while after Goosey and I got back home. They wanted to play for a while. They even talked me into getting the paints out! They each painted a picture. Elijah managed to get some paint on his pants despite a smock. He went home to change his pants and then didn't end up coming back, but Joy joined Esther and spent the rest of the afternoon over here doing crafts and also doing a bit of hand sewing. Esther practiced her button sewing skills. Woody went for a late afternoon walk. This morning while I was assembling and frosting the cake, he went to the grocery store. It has been very cold today...never got out of the 30's. I've felt cold all day. There's a chance of snow tomorrow. At the moment, I'm "patiently" waiting for the UPS man to come. He's supposed to be delivering my birthday present...it's supposed to be delivered by the end of the day. I figure that I will see it in the next hour or so. We have had them deliver after 8:30pm before so we will see. But according to tracking it has been on the truck since a little after 7am. I'm trying to be patient! I want to get to the door first when he does come, as Woody might swipe it away and make me wait for my real birthday! Well, off to wait and read...Woody has read both of the seven-day books...I'm on my second one and they are due tomorrow...I'm almost finished.

1 comment: