Monday, February 11, 2013

Harbinger of Spring!

I was so surprised to see these little Dutch iris peeking their little heads up out of the ground...through the leaves! These are just the cutest little flowers and we also have some little tiny jonquils blooming. I guess that they are announcing that Spring is just around the corner! I had school with Elijah, Esther, and Joy this morning. After school was over, Woody and I headed out for a Valentine treat...a blizzard from the DQ...we had another buy one medium blizzard, get another one free. Kathy invited us over for supper tonight so I was able to put my supper preparations on hold...well, I did get started on what I had planned to make as I am making it up as I go. I am adapting a recipe of my mother's...we will see what we think about it when supper rolls around tomorrow night. So parts of tomorrow's supper are ready to be put together tomorrow afternoon. Woody and I went for a very short walk...just around the block for my first walk in some time...testing out how my foot was doing...in that short distance I didn't have any problems. Shortly after we got back from the walk around the block, Woody headed out on what he termed a "real walk!" Joy, Esther, and Elijah came over while Goosey was on his walk. Elijah ended up getting his fingers closed in the front door...ouch! A bag of frozen veggies wrapped in a towel and applied to his little fingers soon had him pretty much ok. We ate a yummy supper next door and then were royally entertained by several of the children. Then Goosey and I judged which of the children's bedrooms was the cleanest. Woody was very particular...even to the point of looking under beds...they were all very clean...but he found one sock under one bed in one room and I found an open dresser drawer in another making Abigail and Isaac's room the winner! We did brag on how good all the rooms looked! After the judging several of the kids tore off upstairs to play! Hmmmmm wonder what the rooms look like now!

No comments:

Post a Comment