Saturday, February 16, 2013

February Flurries

Woody fixed us French toast this morning, while Graham read me some more in his book. He was hoping to finish the book before he went home. But, alas, it was time for him to go home when there was still one chapter left. He'll finish reading that last chapter to me another time! I think that his sleepover here was a success as I think that the sleepover next door was! I look forward to the girls telling me all about theirs! It has been a pretty chilly day here...never got out of the 30's and it is now already down to 27 and the wind chill factor makes it feel like 19. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Woody bundled up and walked to the library this afternoon amongst a few snow flakes. But I happened to look out at just the right time when the it decided to really come down...around 4pm. So I stepped out on the front porch for a couple of seconds and snapped a couple of pictures. Tonight's photo captured the brief little spurt of snow the best. Not long after this time of flurries, when it was starting to lay on the ground, the clouds started breaking up and the sun came out for a brief time before it set. Less clouds = colder night! After lunch I came up to the sewing room to work on a blouse for Abigail's doll. Abigail is making a jumper for her doll and it will need something to go underneath. I'm planning to keep the making of this a secret so when she finishes the jumper I will present her with the blouse...so she will have a whole outfit for her doll. The blouse matches the pocket on the jumper she is making. I have really had to rob Peter to pay Paul to get this cut out of the small amount of fabric that I had left. The fun thing about this fabric is that it is one of the fabrics that I used to make her quilt when she was a baby. See...there is a reason (more than one!) to keep fabric scraps! And, I have plenty of scraps to make plenty of doll dresses, etc., and, I do use them! I got so sleepy while I was sewing that I ended up taking a short nap. Saturday, for me, has been a rather lazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment