Friday, February 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, George Washington!

I know that the country celebrated George's birthday on Monday, but I am of "the old school" and still remember that George Washington's birthday is February 22. I debated about when to post tonight's photo...Monday or the 22nd...and decided the 22nd with the consensus of several others that I asked! Now to explain what you are seeing in tonight's photo...the plate is a replica of the official china of the Washington's while he was president. We were gifted with this plate this past Christmas. I have a bell collection and this is my U.S. bicentennial bell...with George Washington as the handle. The same friends who gave us the plate gave us the bell back in 1976. The caroler is one of my Williamsburg carolers...can't you just hear him singing "Happy Birthday, dear George!" First thing this morning I finished a book...I was anxious to finish it as we got a call from the public library last evening that they had books that we had requested...one for Woody and one for me...unusual for us to both be notified about books in the same phone call. After finishing the book, I started in working on church library memorials. I thought that it was going to be an easy job this time...but in the end found out that I didn't have the complete information on one of them here at the house...guess that job won't be complete till I go to the church library on Sunday. Woody headed off to do grocery shopping...he picked up a couple of munchkins to be his helpers...Esther and Elijah. Since our cupboard (refrigerator) was so bare, I decided that it would be good to wipe off the shelves, etc. in the refrigerator. While I was doing that, Graham came over and said that he had time to work on his apron some more. He serged around all the edges and then put in the side and bottom hems. So he is a bit closer to having it finished. Woody's daily walk came after lunch...to and from the library...to get our books and return several others. We have been reading on these new books since his return. Well, we haven't just read...we have both done a bit of cooking. Woody made Italian Cauliflower and I made a pot of soup. Woody helped clean up the kitchen. Now that supper is behind us, looks like a good time to get back to reading. I have already read a third of my book...the words are smaller in Woody's and his book has less white space...at least that is "his" reason that he isn't as far in his book as I am in mine! We have to hustle in reading these as they are seven day books...and we each want to read the others book!

No comments:

Post a Comment