Saturday, February 23, 2013

Simply Saturday

I've had a pretty busy day. Woody has read a lot as he knows that I'm going to finish my book before he does and then "he thinks" that I won't have anything to read...but I will as I picked up a couple of books at the church library on Wednesday...so I won't be bookless! I am very close to finishing the book that he picked up for me yesterday...and would be finished if I hadn't been so busy doing things around the house today. I started out the day working on tomorrow's Sunday School lesson. Then I "thought" that I was going to get to start to sew on Esther's doll dress, but that plan didn't pan out. Instead I have been cleaning, washing, changing bed linens, etc. I have worked on our bedroom and the guest room for quite a while today. We got a new cushy mattress pad (hoping to solve the fact that I hurt so badly after I have slept on the bed for any lengthy period of time (as in a normal night's sleep) so I end up often sleeping in the recliner...I realized that I sleep much better in the hotel on Pooks Hill in Bethesda...and they have a cushy mattress pad...so we decided to order one and see if that helps me sleep better here). So that meant changing our bed. And, it meant changing the sheets on the guest bed as I was going to "give" that bed the mattress pad that we had been using on our bed (much newer and nicer than the one that was on the guest bed). So that meant two beds to wash and change sheets for. Then I decided that our room needed at least a half-way good cleaning so did that too. Woody went on a walk while I was in the midst of making our bed. I had gotten it made and was resting on the bed instead of the recliner, when he got home from his six mile walk. He told me to grab my cameras that he had a picture for me. We got in the car and headed back along the path that he had taken for his walk. He had walked this route many times before, but this was the first time that he had seen alpacas. There were two of them. Tonight's photo is of the shyer one...the other one almost came right up to check me out...Woody said that he thought that it was going to come right up to the fence and nuzzle me! This one just kept its eye on me!!! Fun to have the weather such that I can get out a bit and take a few pictures. I'm glad, though, that he didn't make me walk to take the photos! It would have been a four-mile round trip and I wasn't up for that today...plus the alpacas probably wouldn't have been there by the time it would have taken me to walk. Woody took his book and read while I snapped away. I'm heading to get my cameras ready to take to church tomorrow. Esther is getting baptized. Nathan will be baptizing her as he did her older siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment