Thursday, June 20, 2013

Buzzin' Right Along

Caught two buzzin' things in this photo...one in flight and one "trying" to gather pollen. The big ol' bumble bee was working these Bee Balm flowers with all he had...going from flower to flower...actually crawling into each individual almost closed bloom. It was fun to watch the process as I snapped the photos. These flowers were just about gone to seed and he wasn't gathering much pollen...but that didn't deter him! When this plant was newly bloomed I had seen same type of bee "working" these flowers and that bee was covered with pollen and the sacks on his legs were bulging with pollen...but this work session he wasn't getting much! Woody got up early this morning and walked six miles. He has spent most of the rest of the day working on the laptop. He is now at the public library continuing his search for certain quotes/publishing info. I'll bet that he wishes that he hadn't read so many books as he does this search! Once again I haven't accomplished much...but did manage to get the telephone company here to repair whatever was wrong with our phones...they seem to be working once again...they have rung twice...first time...the repairman checking to see if he had them working and second time...an animated call trying to sell us something. Let's see...I did wash the linens on our bed and remake it. I finished reading a book...started another...and continued to read an e-book. I also got my sewing table cleared off so I can cut out a pair of capris for me. I am definitely in "slow-mo" for the time being! I don't have the energy that this bee had!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment