Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Last Wednesday of June

Here we are in the last days of June...that means that almost half the year is over! I was reminded yesterday that Christmas was just six months away! Yikes! How did that happen? I got up this morning and headed into the sewing room and hemmed my crop pants...so that sewing project finished. Now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to make another pair of crop pants or if it is time to make a top. Woody got up and walked six miles this morning. And, then later in the morning he walked to the public library. He had planned to go with me to the church library this afternoon, but plans changed. I discovered while he was gone to the public library that the downstairs air conditioning unit didn't seem to be working properly. He called the folk who installed it and he stayed home to wait on a call from them...and ended up with them coming by to check the unit while I was still at the library. It looks like perhaps the storm Monday night or the one last week may have done some damage to the downstairs unit. At least we have the upstairs unit still working! We can retreat to the upstairs if it gets too hot downstairs. The downstairs stays a lot cooler, but I was wanting it to run this morning when I was vacuuming and that was when I realized that the fan wasn't coming on...Ialso noticed that there was more humidity downstairs than normal, too. Well, parts are being ordered and in a day or two the AC will be good as new! Phone problem was probably storm related and now the air conditioning unit...wonder what we will find next that isn't working due to storms. More storms are predicted to roll in later tonight or tomorrow...hope that we can go without losing power and/or any household electrical items!

No comments:

Post a Comment