Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Word of the Day: Pneumatic!

Woody and I started out our day very early...at least very early for me. I "thought" that I was going to get a really good night's sleep for a change...but I awoke early and couldn't get back to sleep. Woody usually gets up early so today wasn't much different than any other day. I had school with Abigail, Graham, and Joy this morning and then this afternoon had a short reading time with Elijah and Esther. Graham came back over this afternoon once he got all his school work done. He finished his robot that he started yesterday with K'nex and then started in on the new building sets. He decided to figure out the kit that uses pneumatics. I pointed out the strange spelling of "pneumatic" to him. He did lots of learning while playing this afternoon. Elijah has become interested in building with K'nex. He was so excited to find a motor in the new set of K'nex. So today he and I (well, mostly me) made a ferris wheel that goes around due to a wind-up motor. He was very happy. Also, Graham helped him adapt the space shuttle he built yesterday to have wheels. He went home a happy camper with his two new "builds" that move! Woody left a little while ago to walk to the prayer room at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment