Friday, June 28, 2013

Repaired!

Woody got up and walked six miles. He said that it was very humid! And, for him to say that it is humid it must be REALLY humid! Woody did our weekly grocery shopping this morning. I have been confused all day...thinking that it is Saturday (this happens easily when one is retired!). I think the factor that has made me confused as to the day is that I got up and put the finishing touches on this week's Sunday School lesson...and that is usually a Saturday morning task when I substitute for the class. It's good to have it finished ahead of time. This afternoon I have begun to tackle cleaning our bedroom. I have had several distractions but am making headway. When I clean, it always seems that I start something and that leads to something else...that may not be in the room I'm working on...oh, well! I have all that is on my dresser on our bed so have to go back and get that all dusted and rearranged before bedtime! The last distraction is a box that contains church library information and lots of extraneous items having to do with the library...or so I thought. I found a bag of fabric scraps in the bottom of the box...it took me a while to figure out where they came from...finally remembered someone giving them to me when I was in the library (quite some time ago!). I guess I was bringing a box home that day with other things from the library and the fabric bag got put on the bottom and never got found until today! Sort of the story of my life! But I do have a handle on the church library items that I have at home. I keep the records of the current year here at home since I make orders on my computer and keep track of library memorials on our laptop...so I keep the current year's file here. I found last year's file amongst the items in the box and on top of it...so that file folder will head to the library to be filed there...that subtracts from the pile of papers here! "Things" are looking better in the back corner of our bedroom. I have things moved so I can vacuum back there. This cleaning has stirred up a bit of dust...thus a bit more sneezing and nose blowing for me. My allergy meds will be welcome when I take them tonight! I had planned to cut out a couple of things for me to sew today...but so far those plans haven't occurred. But at least with this cleaning I am accomplishing something with my day. A little after lunch today we got a call from the AC repair...they said that they were on the way and would be there in a second...well, they meant that literally...after I hung up I looked out the window and their truck was already here! Downstairs' AC is fixed and the "good news" for this AC malfunction is that the parts are under warranty. So the downstairs is cooling and dehumidifying once again...still doesn't feel right down there to me...but it takes time since it was off for quite a few days. I chose cleaning the bedroom today because it was an upstairs' cool room! I'm all for being comfortable when I'm working! It "only" got to the mid 80's here today...but humidity was really up there to make it feel close to 90. But a bit cooler than my family and friends out in hot AZ where they are anticipating above 115. Now...sometime I'll have to tell you the story of when I was visiting out in AZ and it was 122...phew! Now...that was hot...dry heat or not! My sister said that the anniversary of that day was just a few days ago and was being talked about on TV...that was a day that planes were grounded due to the heat. On that note I hope that all are able to stay cool no matter what part of the world you are living in!

No comments:

Post a Comment