Thursday, June 27, 2013

On The Receiving End From NIH

Woody headed out this morning for a four-mile walk. After he returned, he received a phone call from NIH to tell him that he is scheduled for scans and clinic visit with his team in early August...so NIH is once again on our calendar. When the mail arrived, he received his prescription from NIH that he had phoned in earlier in the week. So NIH is back in our lives once again...it has been nice to not have to think about another trip for 4 1/2 months and to know that we still have more than a month till we will be on the road again heading MD way! After lunch, Woody and I headed to the library so he could get some more books to peruse...what he is looking for still eludes him! I reshelved the books that he had taken out several days ago. I came home and rested in my recliner and then headed down to the rather warm kitchen to make it even hotter. We had eggplant parmasan tonight. Woody helped in the preparation by peeling the eggplants (not my favorite task!). I have now escaped to the upstairs to the coolness. The downstairs isn't all that hot...but the kitchen definitely got hot while I was preparing dinner. It was very good to feel the cool air as I climbed the stairs. The air conditioning folk have had to order parts for the AC unit so it may be a few more days. I am so thankful that we made the decision to put in two units when we got new AC a couple of years ago...at least part of the house is comfortable! And, Woody is okay with heat and humidity since he spends so much time outside so he isn't bothered by the downstairs temp/humidity. I grew up in AZ and have never gotten used to TN humidity so I want my AC running at this time of year...both for coolness and sucking the humidity out of the house! Well, I'm off to either read (started another really good book from the church library) or perhaps cut out another pair of crop pants that I have gotten the pattern partially pinned onto the fabric. Hmmmm...reading = upstairs...cutting out = downstairs. At the moment upstairs is winning! P.S. I have no idea why the second photo is so big...I started to try to fix it, but I think fixing it is more trouble than it is worth. If you can't read it then click on it and it will come up on a separate screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment