Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Little Fall Beauty and a Volcano!

This afternoon Goosey (Woody) took care of the kids while Kathy and Nathan went to Kathy's OB appointment. A little while after he went over there, Graham called over here asking for red food coloring and vinegar--he was making a volcano! And, he asked me to bring my camera. Before the experiment got underway, I snapped a couple of pictures of some of his siblings playing outside. I just happened to catch Joy in just the perfect place with the Fall trees behind her. So she added some extra beauty and color to a Fall photo! I took a movie of the volcano experiment so didn't have any stills, but I was able to capture a couple of stills from the movie footage--how great technology can be at times! After Graham's experiment (which was very well received by his siblings--lots of oooohs and aaaahs!),I went inside and sat down for a little while with the whole group and Goosey. After a while I headed back next door (home) to fix our supper--a new pasta sauce: Tomato-Cream Sauce. It was supposed to have heavy whipping cream in it, but I learned a trick somewhere a while back (once in a while an old dog can learn new tricks!)that you can substitute nonfat evaporated milk for cream and it will add richness without the fat. And, it definitely worked for this sauce. It was quite good. I served it over whole grain bow-tie pasta. This morning I had school with Isaac, Elijah, Graham, Abigail, and Esther. Today was Esther's time for sewing. She completed another color (yellow) on the cross stitch rainbow that she is making...just green, blue, indigo and violet to go! She is doing a very nice job. I read her a couple of fairy tales while she stitched. Speaking of stitching, I think that I will head to "my" recliner and do a bit of cross stitch myself to help me wind-down after a fairly busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment