Wednesday, November 13, 2013

How do YOU eat an elephant?

The way that I eat an elephant at this time of the year is "one box at a time!" Today a lot more Christmas decoration boxes were removed from the Christmas closet. Some of those remain in the upstairs hallway as I am not ready for them...yet, but others made their way downstairs and into their appropriate rooms. Some were even emptied and contents placed where they will reside during the Christmas festivities. Others items will "eventually" find a home for this year. I start out the day visualizing how very much I will get done that day...well, most of those visualizations evaporate before the end of the day. I worked on the house during the morning and then after lunch I headed to the church to work in the library for several hours. Then I came home and slowly took a few more things out of boxes...note that word slowly. As the day wears on, I get less done and make fewer trips up and down the stairs...and those trips are necessary in getting more out and in place. So when the legs say no more climbing up and down then the decorating comes to a standstill! And, a book or reading something on my iPad (or playing solitaire) while resting in my recliner looks very inviting! Woody says that he has been resting today...trying to not hurt in one place or another! Ahhhhhhhhh ain't getting old grand?!? He did do one of his Christmas decorating jobs for me today...replace our everyday cookie jar with our Christmas snowman cookie jar. Now if only one of us would find the time and/or the energy to fill it so the grandchildren could find treats in it (maybe a task for another day)! Oh, I must give him credit for making our lunch--tuna salad. It has been another cold brisk day here in Middle TN. I'm waiting for a warm-up so I can complete my window washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment