Saturday, November 23, 2013

So Close!

I came so close to having the tree completely decorated. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades! I had so hoped that I could report tonight that I was finished...but alas...I still have the three boxes that you see on the cutting table and they are crammed full of ornaments. The other picture shows the boxes that I have emptied. Woody headed next door pretty early as Nathan and Graham had gone hunting and Kathy needed to head in another direction and could only take two of the children. I got up and headed down to the church to deliver the breakfast cookies that I had made for the Night In Bethlehem workers. After I got back home I made myself a cup of tea and toasted a slice of homemade bread. Then I got started on the tree and I have worked pretty steadily on it for most of the day. I did take several rests and once Elijah came over and said that he needed some mittens. So I stopped long enough to find a piece of fleece and traced his hand for a pattern and then headed to the serger and whipped them up pretty quickly. I had set several ornaments aside for him to put on the tree and he did that before heading home. The tree now has an official "Elijah branch!" He has one more that he remembers from last year that he wants to hang...a mitten ornament. I haven't unearthed that ornament yet, but told him that I would keep it off the tree so he could put it on. After babysitting, Woody headed out to run some errands. The rest of the day we have stayed in trying to keep warm. It is supposed to get really cold tonight--predicting 23. Brrrrrrrrrrr! It has also been rather windy today so that makes it feel even colder. Right now it is 36, but it feels like 27...so no telling what it will "feel like" when it is in the low 20's in the morning! Maybe the winds will have calmed down, but it will still be very cold as we head off to church for the early service.

No comments:

Post a Comment