Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Friendly Tuesday!

I changed things up a bit with school this morning as I was meeting friends to go another friend's home for lunch. Abigail came first for her sewing lesson. Then Graham, Joy, and Esther joined her for art. After art Joy read a story to me and I read one to her. Then it was time for me to gather things together to go meet my friends at our designated spot (Lowe's' parking lot). Then we were off taking lunch to share with one of our friends who has MS and hasn't been doing very well lately. We hoped that we could brighten her day a bit. We had a good visit as we always do. When I got home I found out that I had just missed Abigail. She was looking for some fabric to make something for Esther. So we looked through my scraps and finally found something that appealed to Abigail and Abigail thought Esther would like. Then we worked on getting two rectangles of fabric cut with straight sides! While she was planning, she thought of something else that she wanted to do on this present so we got into planning for that. Now to find the time to execute the second "idea!" Time seems to definitely be of the essence lately! After a quick supper of leftovers, I got underway with getting the kitchen floor ready to mop. My sister sent us an early Christmas present, a snowman runner/rug to put on the floor in front of our kitchen sink...and, I couldn't put it down on our dirty kitchen floor. So I mopped the kitchen floor and then when it was dry I put our new rug down. It looks great...adds to the snowman/tree "theme" of the kitchen and family room. Putting the new rug down is about the only decorating I have done today...too busy to get back to it. I had hoped to have all the decorative items in boxes and ready to be stored away till after Christmas...but I think that will have to wait for another day as my back is telling me that I need to head to the recliner with my cup of tea as soon as I finish this blog! Woody left a while ago to walk to church for his time in the prayer room. He is still having a lot of pain from his sciatic nerve and whatever else might ail him!

No comments:

Post a Comment